Hi Rowland

Thank you for the information, it explains a lot.

In your opinion, what would be the best way to SOGo to connect to Outlook
2010,  I need to make sure that the calendar is able to sync.

Thanks
Jonathan

On 05 May 2016 6:59 PM, "Rowland Penny" <users@sogo.nu> wrote:

> On 05/05/16 16:42, Jonathan Mathews (jm3185...@gmail.com) wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Hope someone could assist me.
>>
>> I am interested in using SOGo as my email server, but have been
experiencing some issues.

>> I have been trying to install SOGo with OpenChange, as some of the users
prefer to use Outlook 2010.

>> So I have a CentOS 6.7 server, with epel repo and rpmforge, and have
been following the installation guide on the website, and also the
following guide which is for Ubuntu

https://github.com/DigitalOcean-User-Projects/Articles-and-Tutorials/blob/master/sogo_an_MS_exchange_alt.md

>> So, when I do yum install samba4, it only installs two packages, samba4
and samba4-common, so when you run samba-tool, you get a command not found.
I eventually found out that you have to purchase it from sernet, which
gives you all the dependencies to run samba-tool.

>> I then added the SOGo repo and ran yum install sogo*, the install went
perfect. Then the next step is to install OpenChange, I used the following
instructions:

>> http://www.openchange.org/download/el.html
>>
>> So when I ran yum install openchange sogo-openchange-backend
openchange-ocsmanager openchange-rpcproxy

>> I get openchange-ocsmanager openchange-rpcproxy packages does not exist.
>>
>> I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I followed the
instructions. To me it looks like it is a repo issue, yet I have given the
exact repo that the webstie points me to.

>> I would apriceate any advice anyone can give me.
>>

> For various reasons, Openchange development seems to have stalled and
Openchange will only work with Samba version 4.1.18 at latest. This version
of Samba is now EOL and is possibly subject to MITM attacks, so I wouldn't
use it. If I remember correctly, there was also a problem building
ocsmanager on later versions.