users-requ...@sogo.nu wrote on 04.09.2016 12:50:25:
> On 2016-09-04 5:00 AM, "Kai-Uwe Rommel" (kai-uwe.rom...@ars.de) wrote:
>> Can someone "official" please again comment on that? Is this really normal?
>> Are there plans to reduce the memory requirements/usage for ActiveSync?
> https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users/2016-06/msg00065.html
> --
> Ludovic Marcotte

much detail either. No official tuning docs?

You wrote there that one worker process is needed for one ActiveSync user
and that one process need between 18 and 50 MB of memory.

The process per user is OK ... but 18...50 MB per process is a bit vague.
Nevertheless, even with 50 MB, for 100 users that would sum up to only 5 GB
which is reasonable. Adding perhaps another 4 GB for the OS and the the
other base software (apache, dovecot, postfix, etc.) I would be able to
run 100 users with 8..10 GB. This sounds more reasonable than the 25 GB
reported. Can you confirm this?

However, for 1000 users that would be a span of 24 to 56 GB of RAM ...

[My private SOGo VM for my family runs with just 2 GB for everything
including dovecot and postfix, too, including 3 ActiveSync clients ... :-)]

Kai-Uwe Rommel

kai-uwe.rom...@ars.de
Telefon+Mobil +49 89 32468-120

ARS Eventtipp:
Sichern Sie sich eines der begehrten und limitierten Tickets zur ARScon'16 am
27.10.2016 in der Allianz Arena München.

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
Ridlerstrasse 37, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland

ARS - The Art of Software Engineering
Software Engineering, Technologieberatung, IBM Software, IBM Lizenzmanagement
Services

Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock, Joachim
Gucker