On 2017-02-05 02:09 PM, Christoph Kreutzer (kreutzer.christ...@gmail.com) wrote:
Hi Gerald,

yes - just create a SQL user source with the necessary options for resources :)

Regards,
Christoph

Am 05.02.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Gerald Brandt (g...@majentis.com)
<users@sogo.nu>:

Hi,

I have SOGo running against Active Directory (details below*). Is it possible
to have resources (meeting rooms, etc) in the local MySQL database while users
and groups are in AD? I'm not super comfortable with modifying my schema.

Gerald

* I run Univention as my AD, and NethServer as my SOGo. It works quite well.

That's great. Now I need some details.

Machine a: dc1 - Active directory, postfix, and dovecot
Machine b: sogo

SOGo gets it user list from machine A, and connects to A's postfix and dovecot server.

Since the meeting room needs an email address, do I create it as a regular user in the AD domain, and as a resource user in the MySQL db?

AD: create user boardr...@example.com and forward all email to boardroom-...@example.com
MySQL: create user boardroom-...@example.com

Share boardroom-res calendar with users (read only)

Does that sound right?

Gerald