Hello,

I am (mostly) successfully using the SAML authentication with SOGo. You can
read about my experiences on the mailing ist ;-)

I also don’t know LinOTP, but would recommend privacyID3A
(https://www.privacyidea.org/ <https://www.privacyidea.org/>) and SimpleSAMLphp
(https://simplesamlphp.org/ <https://simplesamlphp.org/>) in combination as
SAML IdP (Identity Provider). PrivacyID3A is under constant development and
allows very flexible usage scenarios.

The simpler option would be SimpleSAMLphp alone with something like this:
https://github.com/NIIF/simplesamlphp-module-authtfaga
<https://github.com/NIIF/simplesamlphp-module-authtfaga> (I currently use a
forked version of it, but I’m in the process of migrating to privacyID3A). Or
you can use every other IdP, like the Shibboleth IdP (but more complex to
setup) or Keycloak (used by some other people out there I know).

Best regards,
Christoph