Am 05.07.2017 um 15:26 schrieb Ralf Cirksena (c...@holmco.de):
> Hello,
>
> if a MS-Outlook user subscribes an other user's calendar from the web
> interface the setting "include in free/busy" is preselected.
> That's what the users here don't expect. Events in a subscribed
> calendar keeps blocking available time slots in the user's calender
> who subscribed it.
>
> Is there a way to change this from "opt out" to "opt in"? E.g. it's
> unset when subscribing the calendar?

Are you using the newest SOGo version?
There was a bug, that did that.
In the newest versions 2 + 3 that is fixed, and subscribed calendars are
not included in free/busy per default.

> How can we reset the option in all user's subscriptions (batch,
> script, whatever)?

You could do that via sogo-tool in a script.
It is a bit tricky, because you need to change the "FreeBusyExclusions"
part of "Calendar".
Therefore I would make a backup of all accounts, change the free busy
exclusion and restore the settings again (restore option -p).

> Btw: What *exactly* is the intended effect of "include in free/busy"?

Free/busy is shown, when you invite other peoples to an event.
With that you can see, if the invited person has already an appointment
or not at this date and time.

If you use resource accounts, they will only accept appointments, when
free at that time (or there are less appointments as defined as max)

For subscribed calendars:
Some of our users for example have a department meeting calendar.
Everyone from that department has change privileges on it,
That one contains meetings, where everyone in that department will be
participating.
Therefore all of them have it subscribed and selected to include it in
their free/busy.
When a meeting is stored in that calendar, everyone from that department
will be shown as busy at its duration.

You could do that by using one person and invite all other paticipants.
But the down side of that is, that only this owner could change that
event, without having change permissions in the owners (personal) calendar.
And if you do not provide groups, the owner would have to add all
department members to each meeting.

For own calendars:
You can create a calendar, which only gives you hints, like birthdays of
your friends.
You will not be busy the whole day, but you need to know when they are.
Because of that you mark that birthday calendar as free by excluding it
from your free/busy.

So it depends on your users workflows and preferences, if you need that
or not.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz