> Am 13.03.2018 um 13:12 schrieb Götz Reinicke (goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de)
> <users@sogo.nu>:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
>> Am 13.03.2018 um 11:12 schrieb Christian Mack
>> (christian.m...@uni-konstanz.de) <users@sogo.nu>:
>>
>> Hello Götz
>>
>> Am 12.03.2018 um 15:20 schrieb Götz Reinicke
>> (goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de):
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> an user has some mail folders with German Umlauts in the name and adding
>>> sieve filters will not work.
>>>
>>> I found some bug reports and the suggestion to change
>>> „SOGoSieveFolderEncoding = UTF-8“.
>>>
>>> https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904
>>> <https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3904>
>>>
>>> Can I change that on my livesystem which is on the latest SOGo V2 without
>>> breaking something? Dose the user has to recreate the filter?
>>>
>>> On the dovecot side the folder is „Verb&AOQ-nde &- Institutionen“ so may be
>>> the „&“ in the middle is a problem too?
>>>

>> The setting of SOGoSieveFolderEncoding must match your dovecot setting
>> in mail_location.
>> Default in Dovecot is mUTF-7-encoding
>> If there is a ":UTF-8" in mail_location, then you have UTF-8-encoding in
>> dovecot.
>>
>> If changed in SOGo on an already productive server, you have to change
>> the encoding of all folders created with SOGo and non-ASCII characters
>> to UTF-8 with:
>> doveadm mailbox mutf7 -7 ${WRONG_FOLDER_NAME}
>> Best to do that in a script ;-)
>

> Hm. ok. I checked and dovecot and SOGo are configured/using utf-7 (no :UTF-8
> in dovecot conf) so the sieve filter should work by default ?!

More reading revealed, that pigeonhole uses UTF-8 …. already ….
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting
<https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting>

So, may be it would be cool to have an pigeonhole option to set the encoding
for systems which are using UTF-7 for a loooong time …?

Or I do have to convert everything to uff-8 …

        Regards . Götz