On Tuesday 24 of April 2018 12:13:23 lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Testing our upgrade to stretch, we encountered difficulties with the
>
> sogo repo:
> > After this operation, 60.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> > (Reading database ... 142620 files and directories currently
> > installed.) Preparing to unpack .../libsope1_3.2.6-1_amd64.deb ...
> > Unpacking libsope1 (3.2.6-1) ...
> > dpkg: error processing archive
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/libsope1_3.2.6-1_amd64.deb (--unpack): trying
> > to overwrite
> > '/usr/lib/GNUstep/GDLAdaptors-4.9/MySQL.gdladaptor/MySQL', which is
> > also in package sope4.9-gdl1-mysql 4.9.r1664.20171018 dpkg-deb:
> > error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe) Selecting
> > previously unselected package sogo-common.
>
> Are v2 and stretch not compatible anymore?
>
> MJ

Hi,

the problem is that in Debian Stretch, SOGo v3 packages are included in
the official Debian distribution. If you select SOGo v2 packages from
official Inverse repository, they will be updated to distribution
packages and will cause conflicts.

The solution would be if packages for SOGo v2 were set to "epoch" - in
this way packages will be "newer" than SOGo v3 in Stretch - see packages
in my alternative repository.

Another solution is to modify the apt configuration to 'pin' packages for
desired version or to set a higher priority for the Inverse repository.

Cheers
--
Slávek