Hi.

I am about to install SOgo on GCE using a 2nd generation Google Cloud SQL
server.

I stumbled about the following error message:
ERROR 1419 (HY000) at line 2: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary
logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe
log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)

I found these stack exchange posts [1][2] explaining why that happens. tldr;
Triggers might cause inconsistencies when replication is enabled. Either you do
without triggers or you set the flag log_bin_trust_function_creators promising
the db that the trigger will not cause replication problems.

My question is: can I safely set this flag without destroying the replication
or is there any other way to get around this error?

Thank you!
Dirk

[1]:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39221261/triggers-cloud-sql-2nd-generation