Hello,

I am a quite new SOGo user and testing it on my mail server. So far I am very pleased but I am still struggling to improve performance on the web interface.

Hardware is a Xeon E3 with 32 GB RAM
Systemdisk is an SSD (ZFS)
Mails are located on an HDD (ZFS)

Server runs only dovecot + postfix + rspamd + nginx + redis + memcached + mariadb (+ sogo)
OS: Freebsd 11.2
whole mail infrastructure with sogo runs in a jail with a nginx reverse proxy infront.
access via IMAP (e.g. thunderbird) is fast.

Viewing a mail in the SOGo webmail interface however takes > 1s which makes it bothersome to use (from the click on the message in the message list to viewing the mail content in the message pane). I enabled a few debug options in the conf and the log is showing me eg:

> Mar 01 11:47:42 sogod [49882]: |SOGo| starting method 'POST' on uri '/SOGo/so/lor...@mydomain.tld/Mail/unseenCount' > Mar 01 11:47:43 sogod [49882]: |SOGo| request took 1.591988 seconds to execute

I don't have much in my config at all, maybe I am missing something; I just set the Workers count to 6, with the standard 1 I got 502 errors from my proxys very often. I'd be thankful for any more input how to pinpoint what's slowing down these requests and how to speed them up.

  /* Database configuration (mysql:// or postgresql://) */
  SOGoProfileURL = "mysql:*****";
  OCSFolderInfoURL = "mysql:*****";
  OCSSessionsFolderURL = "mysql:*****";

  /* Mail */
  SOGoDraftsFolderName = Drafts;
  SOGoSentFolderName = Sent;
  SOGoTrashFolderName = Trash;
  SOGoJunkFolderName = Spam;
  SOGoIMAPServer = 127.0.0.1;
  SOGoSieveServer = sieve://127.0.0.1:4190;
  SOGoSMTPServer = 127.0.0.1;
  SOGoMailDomain = mydomain.tld;
  SOGoMailingMechanism = smtp;
  //SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = NO;
  //SOGoMailSpoolPath = /var/spool/sogo;
  NGImap4ConnectionStringSeparator = "/";

  /* Authentication */
  SOGoPasswordChangeEnabled = YES;

  SOGoUserSources =
    (
      {
        type = sql;
        id = users;
        viewURL = "mysql://****";
        canAuthenticate = YES;
        isAddressBook = NO;
        userPasswordAlgorithm = sha;
        MailFieldNames = ( aliases );
      }
    );

  /* Web Interface */
  SOGoPageTitle = webmail.mydomain.tld;
  SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
  SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;
  SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
  //SOGoMailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled = YES;
  //SOGoTrustProxyAuthentication = NO;
  //SOGoXSRFValidationEnabled = YES;

  /* General - SOGoTimeZone *MUST* be defined */
  SOGoLanguage = English;
  SOGoTimeZone = Europe/Vienna;
  //SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles = (
  //  PublicDAndTViewer,
  //  ConfidentialDAndTViewer
  //);
  //SOGoSuperUsernames = (sogo1, sogo2); // This is an array - keep the parens!
  //SxVMemLimit = 384;
  //WOPidFile = "/var/run/sogo/sogo.pid";
  //SOGoMemcachedHost = "/var/run/memcached.sock";

  WOWorkersCount = 6;

  /* Debug */
  SOGoDebugRequests = YES;
  SoDebugBaseURL = YES;