Hi.

Make sure you can authenticate and use your mail server without SOGo eg. telnet into the imap server, if that works, Please! start with this guide https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/blob/master/Documentation/SOGoInstallationGuide.asciidoc , after you complete the install guide, if your are still having issues with authentication, we need to see your configuration for SOGo authentication source and info about what imap server you got. ps filter out any passwords/users info.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Christian M. Jensen