We've recently begun receiving reports from some of our students indicating they can't configure their phones to access Sogo.   I've verified this using iOS and an encountering the problem as well.

Users select to add a Microsoft Exchange account, enter their e-mail address, select to configure manually when prompted, enter their password when prompted, then click next.   iOS displays "Verifying..." for a few seconds and then prompts for more information.   They enter the correct server, username, and password then click next.   After a pause of about a minute with "Verifying" displayed the error "Unable to verify account information" appears.

I've been checking both my nginx and sogo logs and can't find any details on the problem.

I'm running a separate instance for eas traffic as specified at https://sogo.nu/support/faq/dedicated-separate-sogo-instance-for-activesync.html

The nginx logs are showing a LOT of ActiveSync traffic.   I believe this problem is related to something in my configuration, not users ability to access our server.   It appears users who have preexisting configs are fine.   New users can’t seem to configure their devices.

I am seeing the following errors within my SOGo log:
Nov 06 10:05:45 sogod [32707]: [ERROR] <0x0x55720946ebf0[WOWatchDog]> No child available to handle incoming request!

We have a large number of users accessing the EAS instance.   I initially had the WOWorkersCount for the eas instance set to 400.   I have it set to 500 now.   When I try setting it higher I encounter the following error in the SOGo log:
sogod [1716]: [ERROR] <0x0x5595d0273e50[WOHttpAdaptor]> failure notifying watchdog we are ready during events registration: <NGSocketShutdownDuringWriteException: 0x5595d0273770> NAME:NGSocketShutdownDuringWriteException REASON:the socket was shutdown INFO:{errno = 32; error = "Broken pipe"; stream = "{object = 0x5595d03818f0;}"; }

I’m going to investigate any OS related limits which may be causing this  problem.   Could lack of threads be preventing new users from configuring their devices?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should look for while troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Dushok
Director of Enterprise Systems and Computer Labs
Luzerne County Community College
1-800-377-5222 ext 7327
bdus...@luzerne.edu