Hi All,
I'm encountering some issues with ActiveSync.
Some clients (gmail app, ios app, outlook app) are losing the
synchronization with no apparent reason.

Sometimes for restore sync I have to reset device with

sogo-tool manage-eas resetdevice

or re-create the account on client device, which is very annoying.

Installation with approx 50 devices.
In this setup I'm using two sogo servers, one for internal network and
one for external. The two instances have some little differences in
configuration:

The external one has a different LDAP user filter
(memberOf=ExternalMailUsers...)
The external one is behind an nginx reverse proxy (client->nginx->apache->sogo)
The internal one is configured as usual (client->apache->sogo)

Both sogo servers have 4 GB of RAM.

On both SOGo servers ActiveSync settings are:

  WOWorkersCount = 42;
  WOWatchDogRequestTimeout = 12;
  SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 850;
  SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 850;
  SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 30;
  SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize = 10240;
  SOGoMaximumSyncWindowSize = 256;

  WOListenQueueSize = 52;

On nginx reverse proxy the configuration is:

location /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync{
                access_log /var/log/nginx/activesync.log;
                error_log  /var/log/nginx/activesync-error.log;
                resolver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;

                proxy_connect_timeout 75;
                proxy_send_timeout 900;
                proxy_read_timeout 900;

                proxy_set_header Host $host;

                proxy_pass
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync;
                proxy_redirect
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /;
        }

On both apache servers:

ProxyPass /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \
 http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync \
 retry=60 connectiontimeout=75 timeout=900

On external SOGo servers, which is the most loaded of two, I see lot
of errors like:

sogod [29139]: [ERROR] <0x0x5587ddd60480[WOWatchDog]> No child
available to handle incoming request!

and

[ERROR] <0x0x5587de41fc40[WOHttpTransaction]> client disconnected
during delivery of response for <WORequest[0x0x5587de139360]:
method=POST
uri=/SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=FolderSync&User=xxxxxx%40xxxxxxxxxxxx&DeviceId=androidc778xxxxx5&DeviceType=Android
app=SOGo rqKey=Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync rqPath=(null)> (len=63):
the socket was shutdown

It seems I do not have enough workers available on external SOGo server.
Sometimes it also happens the server goes swappy.

I tried to follow the documentation on setting worker numbers, sync
response size, listen queue but i feel a bit lost.

What are the correct guideline of Server capacity sizing regarding
number of clients?

thanks
Riccardo