Don't know if what you try is supposed to work, but it might be easier
to migrate the entire database to your new system and then upgrade the
database schema as described in the user manual for upgrading SOGo versions.

If you only need individual users you can use sogo-tool to export the
users after the upgrade to 5.0 and import them into a clean database. Or
just remove any users that you don't want to keep.

Regards
Janis