Hi Christian,

I'm also running 5.5.1 and have no problems sending signed messages, provided
the sender address is really part of the  certificate. Please double check
that. I Tried with both, a certificate with the email address in SAN only (like
yours) and a certificate with the email address in DN and SAN.

I can confirm that email addresses in the SAN are not visible in Preferences >
Mail > IMAP Accounts > Edit > Security.
With the fix for issue #5440 SAN email addresses became visible only when
viewing signed messages.

Best regards,
Frank