Hello

Am 02.06.24 um 22:47 schrieb Paul Leiber (p...@onlineschubla.de):
Dear SOGo users,

Due to some unknown circumstance, I seem to have lost all my personal contact and calendar information in SOGo.

I have been using MySQL backup functionality (mariadb-backup) to regularly back up the complete MySQL database, including the SOGo database. Now, when trying to restore the database, the calendar and contact information stays empty, independent from the specific backup I am restoring. I also noticed that the file sizes of the database files created by mariadb-backup are more or less identical and do not change over time.

To narrow down the error, I would like to know if it is possible in principle to backup SOGo calendar and contact information by backing up the MySQL database, like I did (or better tried to do). If this is possible, then I seem to have made an error while backing up or restoring the database. If this is not possible, then I don't need to work on the MySQL part.

Any other help is of course also appreciated.

And a +1 for always testing restoration when implementing a backup strategy to avoid situations like mine...

MariaDB Backup should contain all data for calendars, address books and settings.
Did you backup the data too, or only the table structure?
(You can see the data inside "INSERT" statements.)

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung IT-Dienste Forschung, Lehre, Infrastruktur
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416