On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 12:03 AM Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 8/24/2021 1:51 AM, Reej M wrote:
> > So my doubt now is, Do we need to do any changes or wire anything for
> the optimisation and commit to be carried out effectively, as we are
> ignoring commit here or does solr internally will handle it.
> > Our auto commit maxtime is 60000 and Opensearcher - false
> > Auto soft commit maxtime : 180000 .
>

> This will do a soft commit three minutes after new data is indexed.
> That should be sufficient.  The automatic commits will still happen even
> if you are ignoring commit requests.  Note that you should modify your
> indexing software to not send commit or optimize, rather than relying on
> the update processor to ignore them.

 Okay, Got your point. But we cannot modify the java code to stop commits
for now. So my manager suggests we comment out the auto commit in
solrconfig instead, We are not sure if that is correct. His point is, let
us commit every time we index (that is through java passing the commit &
optimise params)  and remove the autocommit config in solrconfig.xml to
commit every 60000 milliseconds. WIll it be the right approach?