Hello,

> Does anyone know what could be the cause of this behavior?

Not me, but if it usually occurs around midnight, i would enable INFO
logging and check for anomalies. Solr normally wouldn't trigger an action
at midnight. So i would look for an external trigger, sudden heavy indexing
with too many threads, too many commits, perhaps even an optimize command?

Regards,
Markus