Hi Dima,

If your schema is configured correctly for atomic updates, you can add
child documents atomically as well. If you want to add/replace/delete
individual child documents, you'll have to use the JSON request format
because those updates aren't supported through XML (SOLR-12677
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12677>).

Thomas