Thanks for your replies and I apologize for the noise. I'll pick this thread back up if for some reason I am able to reproduce the issue.

I can't tell you how many times I have done this. Ask for help, and while working diligently to document the problem beyond my initial description, I either can't reproduce it or the solution becomes extremely obvious. I consider that to be a learning experience.

Speaking of the lag-between-insert-and-searchability, is there any information Solr is able to provide regarding a core's freshness?

<snip>

            // lastModified=Mon Mar 06 14:58:22 EST 2023,sizeInBytes=56606,size=55.28 KB}}}

Presumably, lastModified gives me the timestamp the last document was added. What about when the index was opened for searching?

Yes, that is exactly what I was going to point you at. The info comes from Lucene and is the last time ANY change was made to the index ... add, update, delete, etc.

As for when the searcher was opened, that is slightly complicated if you're in cloud mode, but it's really easy if you're in standalone mode, because the core name will be known in advance. In cloud mode you won't always know the core name to look for just based on the collection name.

Here's how you would parse it with jq ... I am pretty sure there is a way to do it with SolrJ too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs01ogmtqwsj3yd/using_jq_to_parse_metrics_for_searcher_open_time.png?dl=0

I will see if I can hack together some SolrJ code to duplicate that. Are you in cloud mode or standalone? If cloud mode, which SolrClient implementation are you using? I will use SolrJ 9.2.1 to work on it ... hopefully it's not horrible to translate to a version 7 SolrJ.

Thanks,
Shawn