On 6/20/24 11:17, Imran Chaudhry wrote:

If I were running on linux I'd have them blocked at iptbales-recent too... and if I were running on bare metal I'd put it on an SSD-cached ZVOL and likely not see Java choke on nio under load. But I am not. :(

It sounds like your Solr is publically exposed to the web.

No:

- the bot is hitting a URL backed by Solr search and starts following
all permutations of facets and "next page"s at a rate of 60+ hits/second.

By "URL backed by Solr search" I meant a page on the website.

But anyway, it looks like it's not just us, it's a solr feature. Good to know.

Thanks all
Dima