Is this standalone Solr or SolrCloud?

Solr has APIs to backup and restore collections, so backing up from old solr
and restoring to the new Solr should work as long as versions are compatible.
Just copying the index data folder may also be enough but if it’s SolrCloud
then configset should exist in Zookeeper beforehand and no indexing should be
going on while copying afaik.

If if’s SolrCloud and you can connect two nodes, you can also move the replica
to the new node and let Solr do all the work

—ufuk

—