Hi all,
 I am trying to learn how to implement spamassassin with procmail and
sendmail. I subscribed to the list about a week ago, but haven't
really seen anything that would help me get started with all this,
since I don't know anything about "bayes" or "ham" or how to write
rules or recipes, etc.

I started with a basic .procmailrc from here
http://www.beedub.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/29 and then added some
spamassassin rules from here http://www.emtinc.net/spamhammers.htm.
These seem to be working well together as I am getting entries into a
"spam" directory. I can't seem to find where spamassassin would log
its activity to give ma an idea of what it's doing.

I guess I'd really like a resource where someone new could figure out
how everything works and how to make it work to my personal
preferences. For instance, one of the rules caught an email that was
not spam, but it was moved to the "spam" directory. How would I keep
it from doing that again is just one of the many queries I have.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Tom