Hi,

I have one linux-based account on a shared server with a hosting
provider; they presently use cpanel, exim 4.42, SpamAssassin 2.64,
and imapd.  We are unhappy with the filtering performance
(> 10% false negatives, even with required_hits=5.0).

I'd like to add custom rules, but the provider won't enable
allow_user_rules, citing security concerns.  Also, he won't
be upgrading to 3.0.0 until it is released with cpanel.

It appears that installing SpamAssassin 3.0.0 in my home directory
would be a good solution.  However, we have several add-on domains,
each with several mailboxes, and I don't know a good way to deliver
the output to the proper box.  Mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] presently
gets delivered to
/home/myaccount/mail/domain.name/user/inbox or to
/home/myaccount/mail/domain.name/user/spam .
We also have many aliases "forwarders" that point to various boxes.
Ideally, there would be a way for each mailbox to have its own
user_prefs.

There is lots of detailed info at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsedViaProcmail and at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SingleUserUnixInstall , but
I could not find any examples with multiple independent email
accounts.  Surely, hundreds of users have done this before, but
sorry, I was unable to find a solution with Google, or searching
the archives for this list.

Thanks,

Stewart