On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Kelson wrote:

Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
Yes, I know this. I actually wrote something to create a RBL based on virus senders. I'd just like to be able to drop (or maybe teergrube) the connection in the BEGINNING instead of after the hangup.

Look into the sendmail config option BAD_RCPT_THROTTLE. The value is the max number of allowed invalid recipients after which sendmail starts delaying responses to sender. (Basically after each RCPT it sleeps before sending "user unknown.")

The "user unknown" response is the exception rather than the rule, unfortunately. Normally all mail goes through unblocked. Unless I start running sendmail as a milter, which I believe would remove any ability to do user_prefs.

-Dan

--

"It's buttery kettle ASS corn!"

-Dan Mahoney, Ezzi Computers, 10/22/03, 2AM