Hi!

Mozilla Mail and Thunderbird add X-Mozilla-Status and Status2
headers to all emails they recieve.   I do not believe they are ever
added to outgoing emails, even if you are forwarding an email that
already has them.

(And the little light goes on...)

Is this why I've been receiving spam that's marked as already read in
Thunderbird?  I've been wondering about that.  I suspect the idea is to try to
get around Thunderbird's junk mail controls, since they're only run on unread
messages.

Thats why MailScanner now can also delete those flags, if found, you can configure that within the last beta's.

# If any of these headers are included in a a message, they will be deleted.
# This is very useful for removing return-receipt requests and any headers
# which mean special things to your email client application.
# X-Mozilla-Status is bad as it allows spammers to make a message appear to
# have already been read, which is believed to bypass some naive spam
# filtering systems.
# Receipt requests are bad as they give any attacker confirmation that an
# account is active and being read. You don't want this sort of information
# to leak outside your corporation.
# Each header should end in a ":", but MailScanner will add it if you forget.
# Headers should be separated by commas or spaces.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Remove These Headers = X-Mozilla-Status: X-Mozilla-Status2:

Bye,
Raymond.