Hey all...

My users have previously used the normal text-based config files, however due to the load involved with SA-3, I am thinking of forking off a new box to do my scanning (400 domains or so -- it's a pain).

The obvious problem is the concept of user configs -- unless I were to mount my entire /home tree off to that other machine (and all the fun locking issues that come with it), my only real option is SQL.

The two questions that come about are:

1) Is there a supported way of migrating all the existing bayes databases and user configs into SQL? I understand the userconfig format is fairly straightforward, but I have no idea about the bayes system.

and

2) I seem to notice that spamd is the thing that creates the user files, rather than spamc -- if I still wanted these config files generated, for backwards compatibility (my plan is I would date-parse them on a cronjob and insert any modified ones into the SQL db with a setuid perl script), can a switch be added to spamc to do it instead?

(if not, it's trivial to add the files to the skel directory, but it's a suggestion for the rest of us)

In this way things like the usermin module for spamassassin is not broken, and people can still follow the common instructions they've come to know and love rather than having to learn SQL.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"SOY BOMB!"

-The Chest of the nameless streaker of the 1998 Grammy Awards' Bob Dylan
Performance.