On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David Gibbs wrote:

I have a number of email addresses that get only spam, so I've set them up as spamtraps.

They are simply sendmail aliases that send to "| /usr/bin/spamassassin -r".

When I manually run the spamassassin -r command, however, I get the following...

$cat sample-spam.txt | spamassassin -r
Pyzor -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 1

SpamCop -> message older than 3 days, not reporting
1 message(s) examined.

This is causing the alias to generate errors.

Any suggestions?

1) file a bug report requesting a --silent option.

2) redirect the standard output/standard error from the pipe. A quick google reveals this http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/aix/aixuser/usrosdev/std_input_output.htm may be of some use.

-Dan

Thanks!

david

--

[23:49:00] LarpGM: Did my little TP comment scare you off?
[23:49:22] ilzarion: no, the shrieking retarded child eating people did

-Feb 06, 2001, times apparent.

--------Dan Mahoney-------- Techie, Sysadmin, WebGeek Gushi on efnet/undernet IRC ICQ: 13735144 AIM: LarpGM Site: http://www.gushi.org ---------------------------