At 11:50 PM 9/25/2004 -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
I finally created RPMs for Razor-Agent 2.61 on FC2. I've read through the man pages for razor-check and razor-report and I am pretty sure I understand how to use them, but do I really need to directly use these tools? Or does SA use Razor automagically via the "use_razor2 1" entry in local.cf?

I am using SA 3.0.0.

There's generally no need to use either tool when you use SA, except for testing purposes or user preference. The only razor tool I sometimes use directly on a production server is razor-admin --force-discover.

SpamAssassin automatically detects and uses razor, provided use_razor2 is not set to 0, and provided that SA is not started in "local only" with the -L parameter. It will show up as a rule in the hits (RAZOR2_CHECK), and a second rule for the CF range is high (RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100).

You can use spamassassin -r to report email as if you were using razor-report. It will also remove any SA markups, learn as spam, and report to any other hash-systems you have installed in the process. However, if you want you can still use razor-report if your copy of SA is configured to not touch the body of the email (ie: report_safe 0).

You can also use spamassassin -k as a replacement for razor-revoke.