At 05:21 PM 9/29/2004, Thomas Wetmore wrote:
Hi

AWL sometimes learns a spam incorrectly as ham. Then when another spam comes in from the same place, it is AWL'd as ham. How can I remove an entry in the AWL or change its value? Even if I sa-learn –-spam the mail, it still is AWL’d as ham. (I didn't see anything in the FAQ)

1) first make sure you understand how the AWL works.. Just because the AWL subtracts points, doesn't mean it thinks it's ham.

        http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AwlWrongWay

2) if you MUST change a value, and you fully understand what was said above, you can use the following commands parameters to spamassassin (see man spamassassin for more details)

-W, --add-to-whitelist Add addresses in mail to whitelist (AWL) --add-to-blacklist Add addresses in mail to blacklist (AWL) -R, --remove-from-whitelist Remove all addresses found in mail from whitelist (AWL) --add-addr-to-whitelist=addr Add addr to whitelist (AWL) --add-addr-to-blacklist=addr Add addr to blacklist (AWL) --remove-addr-from-whitelist=addr Remove addr from whitelist (AWL)

WARNING: make sure you understand what the AWL really is before manually adjusting it. The AWL is NOT a white/blacklist system, it merely has a similar effect due to it's score averaging behaviors.