From: Erik Wickstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 4:32 PM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with Bayes learner.

Hi John,

I had a similar problem, and with the help of the list, I was able to
resolve it.  Here is what you have to do.

FIRST!!!!  kill spamd - if the process is running, it will mess everything
up!
Second: run sa-learn --sync -D
this may take a little while, but it will upgrade your database to version
3.

Third: run sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam your_spam_box

Do the same for ham.

Fourth: spamd -d

You should be back in business!  Good luck!

Erik

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:56:27 -0400, John Stegenga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I've read the wiki and googled for this, and no such luck.
>
> I'm not using Spam Assassin 3.x yet.
>
> Server info:
> Redhat 9 kernel 2.4.26-ow3
> Perl 5.8.1
>
> This is a "shared hosting" server using Cpanel 9.4.1
>
> The mailer is EXIM
> exim

(exim-4.42-60_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2_maskedmailtrap_e
> xiscan)
>
> Until about 5 days ago, my Spam learner script was working.  I could never
> turn SA Autolearn on, but I could manually make a SPAM mailbox and a HAM
> mailbox and put stuff into them.  I currently have a library of about 6000
> spams that have been sent to my domain.
>
> Recently, however, SA stopped using bayes.  No more bayes scores....
none...