From: Gregory Zornetzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 9:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FN's with 3.0.0

Hi Ed,

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Ed Kasky wrote:

> I have had 13 FN's since upgrading to 3.0.0 on Sunday.  This is a
> substantial increase from the one or two I used to get weekly.
>
> I have included the text of the most recent one below.  They are all
> scoring betwee 3 and 4 and are all formatted pretty much like this
one.
<snipped>

moxmail-1-41.flawlessorganization is a real address, so the header
doesn't
look like it was forged.  Maybe this was sent with legitimate
bulk-mailing
software, whereas SpamAssassin really goes after spams with obfuscated
headers and return addresses.

>       for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Fri, 1 Oct 2004 05:36:33 -0700
> From: "Christian Singles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Meet quality Christians
> Date: Fri,  1 Oct 2004 05:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

There's also not a bunch of HTML tags or weird words and phrases at the
beginning, so it passes through most of the rules.  The website appears
be in the USA, so perhaps this is one of the few bulk emailers who is
fully CAN-SPAM compliant?  Or maybe it's just the latest from the
spammers... Use a CAN-SPAM compliant email to generate their lists of
addresses from the remove requests.

One thing that I did notice was that the domain flawlessorganization.com
is literally 1 week old according to whois, created September 24, 2004.
Perhaps someone could write a module that penalizes email from domains
that have been created recently?  This would give Bayes some time to
"catch up".

Again, noting below that the web links are all for the same domain as
the
email came from.  This is perhaps the least obfuscated spam that I've
ever
seen (at least recently).

> Are you Christian?  Are you Single?  We have the solution for you!  At
WhereChristiansMeet, you can meet like-minded Christians that are also
single!  This isn't an ONLINE dating site full of fake profiles!  These
are REAL PEOPLE just like you.  Click the link below and meet someone
REAL today!

> Click Here:
http://flawlessorganization.com/r/2307/8223547/252408859574

-Greg