> At 07:24 AM 10/14/2004, BG Mahesh wrote:
>
> <skip bunch of garbage showing dns test failures>
>
> >How do I fix this problem?
>

> Remember when the "perl Makefile.pl" warned you that checking network rules
> could cause make test to fail, but you turned them on anyway?

Yes, I turned it on. On 3 machines I had installed it without any problem [with
network tests on]

>          Check network rules during 'make test' (test scripts may fail due
> to network problems)? (y/n) [n]
>
> Anyway:
>
> 1) check your resolv.conf verify that each of the listed DNS servers works
> properly.
>          $cat /etc/resolv.conf
>                  nameserver 1.1.1.1
>                  nameserver 2.2.2.2
>          $dig @1.1.1.1 www.spamassassin.org
>          $dig @2.2.2.2 www.spamassassin.org
>          etc.
>
> The results from dig should have an "ANSWER SECTION". If it's missing, and
> you only get back a question section and authority section the resolve failed.

Works perfectly fine.

> 2) Check that you can manually resolve the test that failed
>
>          $host  134.88.73.210.dnsbltest.spamassassin.org
>          134.88.73.210.dnsbltest.spamassassin.org has address 127.0.0.4

Works perfectly fine

> 3)  You can try to re-run make test, and it should work if #2 works, or you
> can re-do the build from scratch and this time tell SA to not test the
> network tests.

I rebuilt and installed it now without network tests.

--
B.G. Mahesh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference! www.indiainfo.com
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail
storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!