> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded to 3.0.1 running under qmail on OpenBSD and am happy to
> report no problems.  However, whilst I was doing this, I had a few
> ideas.  I've had a shufty through the archives for these but I didn't
> find an appropriate answer.  I have 3 questions:
>
> 1. I would like to setup a sitewide bayes database that all mailboxes
> will use.  This saves having to make every user learn their own spam and
> should improve the overall accuracy of the system.  Is this particularly
> difficult to setup with an SQL backend?  What happens if the database is
> unavailable?  What is the performance hit on the database in these
> situations?  We see around 20000 messages a day on the server.
>
> 2. I would like to setup an automatic email address that people can send
> uncaught spam to, which will then be learnt as spam and put into the
> bayes database.  Has anyone managed to do this?  The problem I forsee is
> handling the forward as attachment or forward inline that different mail
> clients use.  Presumably we would need to make people forward them as
> attachments, then have a procmail script that handles all mail
> accordingly.
>
> 3. I see entries such as:
>
> autolearn=ham
> autolearn=spam
> autolearn=unavailable
> autolearn=none
>
> In the mail logs.  Is there a spam score threshold that triggers the
> autolearning behaviour?  Is the default sensible?  Should it be a little
> lower?  I see high-scored spam not being learned as such and wonder if
> this ought to be tweaked a little.
>
> Gaby
>
> --
> Ha! Ha! Ha!  Dislocation...
> - Phil Ken Sebben
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://vanhegan.net

As for 1 and 3, I don't know, but 2, I did myself.
Actually, the biggest problem you'll run into is that when you forward the
message, it tinkers with the headers of the message.   I found a solution
to this that doesn't require special scripts to strip the 'false' headers.

We run SquirrelMail as a webmail front-end to courier-imap.  I created a
couple buttons as an extension to the amavis-sa plugins in SquirrelMail.
The buttons are "this is spam" and "this isn't spam".  When a user clicks
one of these, it actually moves the message (yes, at the OS level) from
the mbox of the user who is viewing their email to my spam only mailbox.
Fortunately, courier is pretty tolerant to this type of "abuse".

Keith