On Saturday, November 6, 2004, 9:33:47 PM, Anton Krall wrote:
> So SURBL will work even if no .cf files are on any of the site rules or
> config dirs yet? How does SA know about URLs and where to check?

> I see some files under cpan dirs and SA that show some rules about SURBL so
> I thought they might need to be copied under /usr/share/spamassassin, where
> my site rules are.

SURBLs are included in the default rules for SA 3.  If you've
done a full, default install, then the rules and scores are
probably already installed.  Hopefully a CPAN install does
that.  If you see rules like URIBL_OB_SURBL being triggered
then SURBLs are working.

> Do you recommend still installing some rules like sare and such?

> Also, do you know any rules that trap vicodin and some other drug spam?

Some of the SARE rules are useful for these.  To be honest, I
don't have recommendations about which ones to use.  But with
SURBLs some are no longer needed.  I'll let the SARE folks
explain further, or you may want to search the list archives
about this.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan