brian wrote:
After upgrading to 3.0.1 I've been having problems with bayes. This may be a question for the mimedefang guys, but I'll start here.

I have upgraded the databases, and its now reading correctly, as I get bayes scoring now. However autoupdates are failing because of lock files...

In my config I have:
bayes_path              /var/spool/MIMEDefang

Maillog is reporting:
Nov 17 12:54:02 lithium mimedefang-multiplexor[35151]: Slave 0 stderr: bayes: lock: 35570 cannot create tmp lockfile /var/spool/MIMEDefang.lock.host.domain.com.35570 for /var/spool/MIMEDefang.lock: Permission denied

This seems to me a spamassassin error message. It appears that I need to be able to configure where the lock file is written. /var/spool is not an option since its not a very good idea to loosen permissions here for obvious security reasons (not to mention mimedefang will tell you to sod off until you fix it).

Brian,

This has been discussed on the MIMEDefang list in the past. It appears to be a timing issue between MIMEDefang and the SA locking mechanisms. adding 'bayes_learn_to_journal 1' to your sa-mimedefang.cf file should resolve your problems. (at least it resolved the problem for me)

hope this helps.

alan