On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 09:29:33AM -0500, Dan Barker wrote:
> Excuse the bandwidth, but someone on this list is going to know. I've
> always tried to reboot windoze boxes at least monthly. Back in "the
> day", I'd reboot IBM mainframes each Standard/Daylight Savings
> transition, just because I had to be on-site on a Sunday anyhow. No
> real reason.
>
> What's the thinking for Linux? I'm just running a couple daemons in
> support of my Wireless Network subscription services (they diddle the
> firewall based on Credit Card income) and the firewall.
>
> I was thinking that maybe I should reboot every April Fools day?????

I reboot computers after doing a kernel or fundamental OS upgrade that
requires a reboot (rare), after a severe weather emergency (a hurricane,
very rare), and when the power goes out longer than my UPS has battery
power (occasional), or for a hardware upgrade (occasional).

Aside from conditions like this, there is no need to reboot any modern
OS (one that has come out in the past 10 years or so).

Mike

--
| Michael Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |