________________________________

From: Loren Wilton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Assuming that the same header values appear in both spam and ham, I'd
expect that Bayes would conclude the token was useless for
classification and ignore it.
Loren

Is there a reason why the trusted received headers would make good bayes tokens? I can't think of any.

I can see the value in the first untrusted received header (which would be YOUR first server that the message hits), since you could tokenize data such as the received 'Date:' (and time of day) along with which MX the message came in on (most mail to a lower preference MX will be spam... but that could cause problems if your preferred MXes go down).

Daryl