On Tuesday 07 December 2004 02:25, Mike Carlson wrote:
> Can I copy my bayes db to another server that handles a different
> domain?

As in "technically possible" or "would be reasonably effective"?

Allthough I have never done it, I suspect that you could dump the db and
restore it on a different server quite easily, even if there were
different db backends on those machines, there's a readme on upgrading
bayes db that would give useful clues, IIRC. I think sa-learn --backup
is your friend.

But you need to ask yourself if it is sensible to do so. For it to be
sensible, the spam and the ham on both domains should be similar. In
some cases, it is (I trained my first bayes db with massive amounts of
both ham and spam from my old uni account, it worked great), in some
cases, it is not. The users and uses of those two domains may be very
different, and simply the domain name may skew the results. So, I would
think twice about doing it.

Alternatively, you could train with smaller amounts of ham and spam from
the other domain just to get it up to speed, but make sure you train it
with its own spam and ham as fast as you can. Could be a reasonable
middle ground.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]