Owen McShane wrote on 07 December 2004 11:04:

> That Status: Locked doesn't look too good.

I always thought that was the register lock so that nobody can make changes
to the domain name (i.e. change nameservers) until the domain has been
unlocked.  It's an anti-abuse system.  Normally you would have to login to
your domain registrar's control panel, set the domain to unlock, make
whatever changes you need and then lock the domain again.

> Neither the root servers or the two referenced in the above lookup
> know nothing about the domain, so it's totally up the creek...

Indeed it is - perhaps somebody accidently nuked the zone from the
nameserver by accident :)

M.