William Stearns wrote:
Good day, Andrew,

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Andrew Xiang wrote:

But I have a whole mbox with 10,000 messages. How can I pipe all the
messages and move them?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Maul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Andrew Xiang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Andrew Xiang wrote:

I want to run spamassassin on my existing /var/mail/mymailbox and only

move

all the spam mail into /var/mail/spam .

Is there a way to do that?

you could run spamassassin -e on the message and then make a quick script to check the return status and move the messages accordingly.

     -e, --exit-code                   Exit with a non-zero exit code
if the tested message was spam

SA doesnt move anything on its own so you'd have to script it.

        ...with something like the following:

~/bin/reprocess-mailbox

Thanks William, i knew someone would come up with this before i could :)

-Jim