On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> currently i'm using procmailrc to start spamd since i have
> a couple users who dont want their mails checked by SA, now
> i'm looking into spamass-milter.
>
> Is their a option within the milter api to exclude certain users from SA
> or is their another workaround to do so ?
>
> many thanks
> matt

Check out milter-spamc. It hooks into your sendmail access-db and lets
you define sender/recipient lists that are enabled/disabled from
milter scanning. See:
http://www.milter.info/milter-spamc/index.shtml

I use a slightly different approach. I hacked a version of miltrassassin
so that it looks for a particular macro value. If that macro is
set, it skips scanning that message. That way I can add any rules that
I want to look for various values in a message (EG a particular header
as well as sender/recipient contents) to control milter processing.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>