Paul J Fries wrote:
I was thinking, would it be feasible to have an option for spamassassin
to exit after a message reached the spam threshold?

You would need to run all of the negative scoring (non-spammy) rules
first, and then start running the positive scoring tests. Then once the
message reached the spam threshold, mark it as spam, and move on to the
next one. The idea is that you would not have to run every single
negative scoring test on every message. This should save some CPU
cycles.

I think I remember a similar feature in a (very) early version of SA
back in the day, but it disappeared along time ago.

Anyway, just a thought. Was hoping to get some feedback, and see if any
developer thought it would be practical.

Thanks!

Regards,
Paul Fries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm no developer, but it seems to me that if SA has to calculate if it has reached the magic number each time it runs a rule, you might not be reducing CPU cycles very much.

--
Robin Lynn Frank      Director of Operations
 (0 0)                Paradigm-Omega, LLC