At 03:10 PM 1/5/2005, Rainer Sokoll wrote:
> If the lockfile exists, some SA process is currently writing the DB, and
> autolearning cannot occur. Since autolearning isn't a critical operation,
> SA skips autolearning,

Does this trigger "autolearn=unavailable", which I see from time to time
in the X-Spam-Status header?

No, unavailable will explicitly not happen when lock contention is the problem, as that results in "failed".

Unavailable is a catch-all error state that only gets applied when no other well defined action occured.

To quote Theo in the thread "autolearn=unavailable ... ?" from Mon, 29 Nov 2004:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

Has some information, but "unavailable" means "run with -D and it'll tell
you". :)