I currently use the spamcop RBL..

This morning I had 96 spam messages.  77 were detected by SA.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Groce" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "spam" <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Too much spam getting through... Sharing rules or db's?

Basically SURBL's are shared DB's of spam identifying information.  I put
them on my 2.6x install with the SpamCop plugin and I don't have to worry
about spam anymore.  I can't say it's 100% but I would guess about 98%
effective from the people I have talked to.  This is on a mailserver with
about 1000 users and spam filtering on all accounts.

David Groce
Network Administrator
North Kitsap School District
Hi,

We are getting a lot of spam messages coming through with low scores.
Anyone have any special rule sets that would be interested in sharing?  I
use the rules de jour to update my rules but it doesn't seem to capture
all
the spam.

Also,  Is there like a public shared Bayesian database that can help
improve
the detection of spam messages?

TIA

David Groce