Thanks Rainer,

> > Well that certainly forced the use of /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf,
> > however now I get no mail filtering what so ever.  Its like it
> doesn't know
> > about the rules files.
>
> You may run "spamassassin -D --siteconfigpath=/etc/mail/spamassassin <
> /dev/null 2>&1 | grep \.cf$" to see which rules SA will use.
>
> Rainer

I've solved my problem.  I invoke spamassassin from procmail.  If I
spamassassin -V it says 3.0.2 which is in /usr/local/bin.  But when I |
spamassassin in .procmailrc it invokes an old version of spamassassin from
/usr/bin.  The local.cf has the new format so the old version of
spamassassin can't understand it.  I put | /usr/local/bin/spamassassin and
it all works the way it should.

Paul.

Paul Grenda  __
Manager     /. \/|