At 01:20 PM 1/26/2005, Tony Lay wrote:
I am trying to establish system wide spam filtering, but only a few
users need it right now.  So I have the flexibility to go either way.
I think that's where my problem stems…I might have some clutter from
trying things out that is causing this not to work…or I got my wires
crossed on invoking.

SpamAssassin 3.0.1
FreeBSD 5.3.1

The filter appears to be working but I'm concerned that mails are
getting bounced as opposed to being filtered to my user's spam boxes.
So before we get into more detail shouldn't a users .procmailrc work
above and beyond the basic system setup?

If you're calling from procmail, bouncing is not happening. It's too late in the game for that.

From looking at the procmail.cf you have, all the high-scoring spam messages are being redirected from your user's mailbox into a separate mailbox called "almost-certainly-spam". All tagged spam is being redirected to "probably-spam".

Check /var/spool/mail, or wherever your system normally spools delivered mail.