Hi all,

I'd like to implement within SpamAssassin (2.64) the ability to scale a
spam score based on a certain rule (specifically, I want to scale the
spam score by 1.5 if its from an IP listed as a DUL)

My basic theory is that if I take every rule and build a meta rule from
it that includes the original rule, and the DUL rule, then and adds half
the spam score on again, this produce what I am after.

My concern regard processing time. This is basically going to double the
number of rules in the SA files. Is SA's meta rule logic greedy? E.g. by
putting the DUL rule first if it fails on this will it check the other
aspects of the rule? Are there any other issues that I need to bear in
mind?

I'd also like to propose this as a feature for future versions. I can
think of a number of reasons why one might want to weight the spam score
based on certain rules (scalable trust relationships etc).

Your feedback is, as always, most appreciated.

Richard

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is
free from all known viruses.

For further information contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]