I encountered one ISP who's legitimate mail gateway is freaking out under the load of all the proxy spam.

It's now retrying temp-fail messages immediately without any delay... 24+ times per second.

Since I have Sendmail set up to verify sender domains exist, a lot of spam gets a 451 error.. Unfortunately, this server doesn't give up. Since Monday they tried to deliver a small number of different messages a total of 1.6 million times.

"reject=451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address [EMAIL PROTECTED] does not resolve"..... Over and over and over again..

Needless to say, my maillog is rather huge this week with about 300mb of the above messages tacked on top of my normal logging.

Other admins might want to watch out for this kind of garbage..