At 02:12 AM 2/15/2005, Andrew Afliatunov wrote:
I use spamassassin-3.01 in site-wide mode (spamd+spamc) on Linux Slackware-9.1 mail server.
Everything worked just fine - about 300 spam-letters dayly was filtered. But then I made system to look up mail-users in ldap database. And removed accounts from linux system.
Now spamc can't check letters for those users. In procmail.log I see:
--
getpwuid() failed: No such file or directory
procmail: Program failure (71) of "/usr/bin/spamc"

Did you pass the --setuid-with-ldap parameter to spamd? If so, don't unless the accounts exist locally.

(spamd can't setuid to a nonexistent account, which is why this feature is optional. It is only useful if you have ldap AND local accounts)