Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 21:54 schrieb Austin Weidner:
> I have autolearned disabled in my SpamAssassin config.
>
> I get certain e-mail accounts that are old and JUST GET SPAM (no question
> about it). I set up a script that takes e-mails from these accounts and
> feds them in to sa-learn as SPAM.
>
> I have no HAM's right now, however I have plans to add at least a couple
> hundred to bayes (that is the bare minimum, I believe).

you will need 200 spam and 200 ham  in the default configuration.

> My question is: Is there anything wrong with doing this? I've seen some
> posts about ratio's. I figured the more SPAM you feed it, the smarter it
> will get. Keep in mind I am not trying to use bayes scoring right now, but
> I thought this setup was better instead of using auto-learn to try to guess
> which were spam (they are ALL spam!)

You should feed all ham and spam. with auto-learn you risk to train a false
positive as spam and a false negative as ham. This will spiol your database.
To my expirience the default scores are good enough.

I can only encourage you to use bayes. After a little training it is very good
with "old" spam and not bad with new "spam".

Regards

Thomas
--
icq:133073900